When and Where Did I Find it? The first time I saw a kettle bell was a few months ago at the gym I now attend. It was love at first sight since then and I can't live without them.
What it Means? According to wordnik.com, a kettlebell refers to a "weight consisting of a cast iron with a single handle for gripping the weight during exercise".
Kettlebell-n-Retrieved at http://www.wordnik.com/words/kettlebell
Level of Familiarity: I am very familiar with this concept and am constantly learning new exercises to lose weight and increase my strength.
Do I want to Know this Word Well? Of Course, I love to work out & am very interested in learning new exercises to build my strength.
Do I Think Others Should Know This Word Well...if so Who and Why? I don't think most people will encounter this word on a daily basis, so I don't think everyone necessarily needs to know this word well. However, it is an interesting word to know. It certainly would be essential to know this word, if you were a trainer or body builder.

The woman who does my nails actually does kettle bell competitions. She has to do so many reps within a 10 minute period. It's quite a fascinating contraption. Do you have a workout regimen you follow?
ReplyDeleteBy the way, what made you decide to use this word as an entry for this week? You tell us you've loved them for some time, but were you at the gym right before you wrote this entry?
ReplyDelete